- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves, garlic minced
- 4 cups hot cooked jasmine rice
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup honey roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- orange slices
- coriander sprigs
- Peppered Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup chunky honey roasted peanut butter
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon crushed mixed peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
1. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch strips and place in sealable plastic bag.
2. In small bowl, mix together coconut milk, orange juice, soy sauce, gingerroot, sesame oil and garlic. Pour over chicken, seal bag and turn to coat well. Marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
3. Soak bamboo skewers in water. Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto skewers. Set oven to broil with rack about 5 inches from heat. Place chicken in oven and broil about 7 minutes, turning once.
4. Stir together rice, jalapeno, peanuts, sweet red pepper, green onions and coriander leaves; spread onto platter. Arrange chicken skewers on rice and garnish with orange slices and coriander sprigs. Serve with Peppered Peanut Sauce.
5. Peppered Peanut Sauce: In small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup chunky honey roasted peanut butter; 1/3 cup hot water; 2 tablespoons honey; 1/2 teaspoon crushed mixed peppercorns; and 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel.