- 4 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (6 to 8 ounces each) or 4 boneless beef chuck eye steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced diagonally
- ⅓ cup plum preserves
- 2 tablespoons Major Grey mango chutney
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
One Dish Meals
1. Heat oil in large heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook shoulder top blade steaks 13 to 15 minutes (chuck eye steaks 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Remove to platter; keep warm.
2. Add green onions to skillet; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in preserves, chutney and curry powder. Add water; cook and stir until sauce is hot. Stir in lime juice; remove from heat.
3. Spoon sauce over steaks. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition information per serving, using top blade:
479 calories; 36 g protein; 29 g carbohydrate; 24 g fat; 251 mg sodium; 77 mg cholesterol; 6.2 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 4.6 mcg vitamin B12; 4.3 mg iron; 11.7 mg zinc.
Nutrition information per serving, using chuck eye:
398 calories; 31 g protein; 29 g carbohydrate; 17 g fat; 244 mg sodium; 70 mg cholesterol; 5.4 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 3.8 mcg vitamin B12; 4.0 mg iron; 9.1 mg zinc.