- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skin on
- 1 ½ cups dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cups red wine
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 jar (13 oz.) hot pepper jelly
- 4 orange slices
- 4 sprigs parsley
1. In medium bowl, place cranberries; add wine and set aside.
2. Place chicken breasts, skin side down, between layers of plastic wrap and pound to flatten. Sprinkle inside each chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place spinach to cover inside of breast. Top with 2 tablespoons of the cranberries and 2 ounces of goat cheese.
3. Cover cranberries and goat cheese with spinach leaves and fold sides and ends of chicken breast. Repeat with second chicken breast and sprinkle chicken skin with remaining salt and pepper. Place chicken in 400°F oven and bake for about 1 hour.
4. While chicken is cooking, put wine in sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add hot pepper jelly and whisk until blended. Stir in cranberries and cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Slice chicken, front to back, and arrange on serving dish with cranberry sauce under and around the chicken. Garnish with orange slices and parsley.