- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- ½ package frozen puff pastry, 17.3 oz.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin slices prosciutto ham
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8 sundried oil packed tomatoes, sliced thin
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 artichoke hearts, quartered, then halved
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- basil leaves, for garnish
- Red Roasted Pepper Coulis
- 1 can red roasted peppers, 24-ounce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
1. Remove 1 sheet puff pastry and thaw according to package directions. Sprinkle chicken with few drops of water and place between 2 pieces plastic wrap. Gently pound until flat.
2. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. On each chicken piece, place 1 slice prosciutto, 1 slice mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, basil leaves and artichokes. Roll up in jelly roll fashion.
3. Unfold 1 sheet puff pastry on plastic wrap and gently roll into 14-inch square. Cut square into quarters and place chicken roll diagonally on square; fold up corners to center and seal.
4. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, seam side down, brush with egg wash and bake in 400℉ oven for about 30 minutes, until brown. Place chicken on serving platter and surround with Red Roasted Pepper Coulis. Garnish with basil leaves.
5. Red Roasted Pepper Coulis: Drain roasted peppers and place in blender container. Add olive oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and remove to small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer while chicken cooks.