- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1 package fresh spinach, (10 oz.) chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package phyllo pastry sheets
- 1 egg white, beaten
- parsley sprigs
1. In large saucepan over medium high heat, place olive oil. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
2. Drain and add nutmeg, salt, pepper, lemon zest, mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese; heat until cheese melts. Add spinach, stirring, and heat until spinach wilts. Stir in cranberries and walnuts; remove from heat.
3. Unroll thawed pastry sheets. Taking 3 sheets at a time and going across width of sheets, brush with egg white.
4. Place 4 ice cream scoops of chicken mixture on top third of sheets, roll up pastry sheets and brush rolls with egg white.
5. Place on baking sheet and bake in 375℉ oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Slice, arrange on serving dish and garnish with parsley sprigs.