- 6 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup dry vermouth
- ¼ cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lb. orzo, cooked according to package directions
1. In medium plastic bag, place flour, salt, pepper and paprika, shaking to mix well.
2. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
3. In large frypan over medium high heat, place olive oil. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes per side.
4. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. To frypan, add onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Add vermouth, raise heat and boil 1 minute.
5. Reduce heat to medium and stir in olives, capers, dill, basil, chicken broth and tomato sauce. Cook about 7 minutes until sauce is reduced and thickened.
6. Return chicken to pan and warm through, about 5 minutes. Arrange orzo on large platter and top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.