- 4 beef tri-tip steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 6 ounces each)
- Green onions, lemon wedges, freshly grated lemon peel, (optional)
- Espresso Rub
- 2 tablespoons finely ground espresso coffee beans
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher or regular table salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1. Combine espresso rub ingredients in small bowl; press generously onto beef steaks. Discard any remaining seasoning mixture. Place steaks in glass dish. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 17 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
3. Carve steaks into slices. Garnish with green onions, lemon wedges and lemon peel, if desired.