- 8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dry jerk seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 tablespoons guava jelly
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon habanero pepper sauce
- 1 package yellow rice, (6 oz.)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained, (15 oz.)
- chopped fresh cilantro
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and jerk seasoning. In large frypan over medium-high heat, place oil. Add chicken, cook 4 minutes; turn and cook 4 minutes more.
2. Remove from pan and keep warm. To frypan, add onion, green pepper and thyme; cook 1 minute.
3. Stir in guava jelly, vinegar, chicken broth and pepper sauce. Add chicken and bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes, turning chicken once.
4. Remove chicken, cover and keep warm. Bring sauce to a boil and cook gently until reduced to a glaze. Cook rice according to package directions.
5. Stir in beans and let stand 5 minutes. Arrange rice and beans on platter; top with chicken and spoon glaze over all. Sprinkle with cilantro.