- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut in thin strips
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion wedges
- 2 cups sliced mixed green, red and yellow bell peppers
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- flat leaf parsley
- lime wedges
- small hot red peppers
- Curry Scented Slaw
- 1 bag tri-color coleslaw mix, 16 oz.
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup currants
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons green pepper jelly, melted and cooled
1. In large bowl, toss together chicken, lime juice and garam masala; set aside. In large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, place 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add onions and peppers and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes; remove to plate.
2. Wipe pan and add remaining 2 teaspoons oil; when hot, add chicken. Cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add water, salt and pepper and cook, stirring until water evaporates. Add onion- pepper mixture and stir.
3. Heat tortillas according to microwave directions on package. Arrange tortillas, chicken mixture and bowl of Curry Scented Slaw on large platter garnished with parsley, red peppers and lime wedges. Individuals spoon chicken down middle of tortilla, add slaw and then roll up.
4. Curry Scented Slaw: In large bowl, mix together tri-color coleslaw mix, green onions, currants, mayonnaise, curry powder and green pepper jelly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.