- 8 plump chicken drumsticks
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ stick butter
- Mango Sauce
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced and seeded
- 2 shallot sections. peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger. peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons apple juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
1. Rinse drumsticks in cold water and pat off excess with paper towel.
2. Line up 3 shallow bowls. In first, sprinkle flour over each drumstick. Dip chicken in second bowl containing beaten eggs. In third bowl, sprinkle bread crumbs over each drumstick.
3. Place oil and butter in large frypan over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides.
4. Transfer chicken to baking pan and place in 350℉ oven for about 40 minutes. While chicken is baking make Mango Sauce to serve in individual bowls as dipping sauce for chicken.
5. Mango Sauce: In blender container, place 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into pieces; 1 teaspoon minced and seeded jalapeno pepper; 2 peeled and minced shallot sections; 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger; 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint; juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime; 2 tablespoons each cider vinegar, white wine and sugar; 4 tablespoons apple juice; 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Blend until smooth.